Cerca nel blog

martedì 16 agosto 2022

Krisiun - Mortem Solis

#FOR FANS OF: Brutal Death
A step into the older Krisiun via 'Conquerors of Armageddon' but slower. There's a similar production quality but better. The riffs on here seem to flow. Reminds me also of 'Ageless Venomous' at least the songwriting as well. It's a dive into the middle of those both releases mentioned! I like this one a lot, but it's not getting higher than a "75" rating. They basically found some riffs to work with the vocals but the time signatures are not constant blast beating. In fact, a lot slower. These guys have been going strong since their origin in the year 1990. I'm surprised no second guitarist this whole time just the brothers Alex, Max and Moyses.

This one lasts for about 40-45 minutes and well worth it. A lot of the riffs are technical though they don't receive the blast beating like 'Conquers...' did. I don't think they'll ever make an album as good as that one in my humble opinion. But they show us fresh riffs and that they still have it in the songwriting category. Moyses doesn't have a whole heck of a lot of leads but the licks shine in glory. Brazilian death metal-ers never seem to let up. The sound quality of the album is quite good nothing really muddled everything flows well. The vocals, guitar and drums are top notch. They've gotten a little experimenting with the music.

It's wholly brutal here but they have a lot of things that they've done differently. I still think that 'Conquerors...' and 'Ageless...' are better but this one has a lot of high points where they've just constructed some great melodies for a death metal band. Maybe take out the acoustic guitar and leave it to utter brutality. I suppose that they just wanted to vary it a little but I didn't find it necessary to include that. Otherwise the whole album just shines. It's just a different approach to their music. I thought it could be a little faster but maybe this is going to be the way they're going to be writing like till they break up and go their own ways.

There are a lot of highlights to this album I just think it could've been faster. That's my only beef I have of this whole album. The end of 'Conquerors..' and 'Ageless...' into their own "new" era of the band. They still uphold the brutality at times but all is variety. I like the album and I encourage purchasing a CD or if you wish to stream it's on YouTube and Spotify. These guys need support even though they've been around for over 30 years. They still have it and hope that they will continue have it. Show your gratitude that these guys still are making good brutal death metal! (Death8699)

(Century Media - 2022)
Score: 75

https://www.facebook.com/krisiun.official/