Cerca nel blog

domenica 18 luglio 2021

Blood of the Wolf - Campaign of Extermination

#FOR FANS OF: Black/Death
This is another balls-out release by the band! Totally heavy and annihilation. The music was a little bit better on the first album, but both are good full-length LP's. Pleasure listening to and writing about. Mike is full of hate on here (as well) and the songs are just brutal! A lot of tremolo picking dished out and angry music (to say the least!). It really is a close call as to what is better the first or second album. Both are almost inseparable. I don't believe any of these are really any better than each other. Upon repeated listens to, both kick serious ass! Amazing death/black metal that's unrelenting. Mike is one good songwriter! Another Chicago based band!

I'd say all tracks on here are good and clocking in about 35 minutes of music like their debut. It's not enough time, but it's still quite worth the time! I feel that after listening to both albums I and II, I'd say both deserve a perfect rating. I was just a little bit iffy on this one probably because I didn't listen to it close enough like I did on the first one! Both deserve perfect ratings in their scores because both are amazing. The first is a bit fast while this one is a little more experimental. It's heavy as fuck, too! I'm surprised that no one has giving any time in writing about this one. The first one yes and the EP but not this one. That makes me pause.

The production quality is brilliant, so the sound is top notch! All instruments mixed in well! There's nothing about this that I'd change. It's really a bad ass release. That's what prompted me to buy both albums independently as opposed to I and II together. I not only wanted to support the band but to support the music world. There are many songs on here that just are amazingly fast and brutal. I'm surprised once again that people haven't taken more notice to what this band has to offer musically. I'm glad I was able to be referred to them. Definitely a good referral! And to know that the frontman is still involved in the metal community!

I would have to conclude that the music on here is another MONUMENTAL one. The fact that they're death/black metal makes them versatile and unique. Angelcorpse would be proud of them for continuing a legacy of death/black metal that's totally one that dominates! This band is definitely up on the times and Mike is a great songwriter! I say that with utmost respect for him and the band. Buy this album on CD or download it. Show BOTW support by buying their music because this type of metal is only available in a certain amount of time. They are a band that's totally in a realm of their own. I'm glad I was album to get all three of their CD's. Own it! (Death8699)