Cerca nel blog

giovedì 22 luglio 2021

Chaos Synopsis - Art of Killing

#FOR FANS OF: Death/Thrash
I just stumbled across this release on my Spotify and didn't realize how amazing it really is! Some great thrash/death metal. The guitar is totally unique in many ways! It's thick with a tinge of echo to it, but not much! I think that this is highly underrated! They go through a lot of time signature changes. And the vocals are hoarse. I think that this is ingenious in its composition. And they really stay true to their roots! The songs are put together with an amazing ensemble of riffs! This band is solely unique. The time changes are all there. And the vocals keep it totally underground.

It's as though the riffs go through "mood changes" in their variability. Totally different and ingenious. I cannot stress that enough. They show their influences but make their own sound. The guitars are like none I've heard before. The production was good! Every instrument was weaved in nicely. And the lead guitars were extravagant. I wouldn't change anything on here. The music is what stole it for me. Absolutely! These guys are one in their own style. I just liked every song on here. And nothing is stale about this release. Their newer album isn't as good as this one in my opinion.

The production quality was good (as previously mentioned) and I think it did the album justice. They were just all over the place in brutality. But just different. The time signature changes were significant. I think that they really stuck to one main stationary vibe and then continue to change things up. Each song was brilliant in it's own making. I give the band credit for making some music that's just atypical. They really show the metal community how to be in utmost variability. This band has not been well enough discovered, really. I think that they need to be in more circulation within this type of split genres.

Get this! It's worth it. Definitely. Take my word for it, it's worth it! They are in a league of their own with their style(s) of metal that they play. I wasn't convinced right away, I had to play it a few times to get the vibe they have to them. I was astonished that they could pull this one through! They really know how to construct some amazing metal music. I'm sure they'll be around a lot longer, but this one is one of the ones that's an untouchable, if you know what I mean. I would definitely give it a listen to! (Death8699)


(Wydawnictwo Muzyczne Psycho - 2013)
Score: 77

https://chaossynopsis.bandcamp.com/album/art-of-killing