Cerca nel blog

venerdì 23 luglio 2021

Flotsam and Jetsam - S/t

http://www.secret-face.com/
#FOR FANS OF: Thrash Metal
This is one powerful release! I was quite taken aback by it's ingenuity and originality. There's not a track on here that I dislike. The whole album is filled with precision! I dug the vocals, too. I didn't care much for their new album. I thought that this was one MONUMENTAL LP. It's filled with songs that are invigorating and earth-shattering. The sound quality is quite good, too. I didn't hear anything on here that really missed a beat at all. Pure power/thrash filled with originality, upbeat tempos and production quality that's nothing clear of holding the goal they were seeking on this full-length almost hour-long masterpiece.

This was actually an introduction to the band recommended by a friend but I know about the band since it's Jason Newstead's former band before joining Metallica in late '86. I would have to say that this quintet blasted my eardrums on this release. My friend was absolutely right about this one. I was rather disappointed with their follow-up, but I know that they're close to done with their new release for this year or early next year. I'm interested into what that one will sound like! But nevertheless, lets get down to the nitty gritty on this one. I think that they busted ass on here (self-titled) and utmost originality is what kept me interested.

I know that I've said this earlier, but the sound quality is what's best on here aside from the originality in the songwriting. I'm not too familiar with the band members, but all I know that whoever was in charge of the songwriting if it was a collective effort they didn't at all bomb this one in any way. The music and vocals are what interested me the whole time. I was sucked into how the quality and ingenuity this there was dynamite entirely. I didn't lose interest on any song, tempo, vocal, none of it. It all kept my attention entirely! They really created something that's so utterly devastatingly incredible.

I bought this shortly after it came out. I'm surprised that overlooked it in regards to writing about it. It just sat on the wall collecting dust till I realized that I needed to get in my two cents in regards to opinion, objectivity and precision. Whatever they did, they sought approval by me in all stated aspects of precision! If you're a metalhead, get this album because it's great power/thrash metal to the core! (Death8699)


(AFM Records - 2016)
Score: 75

https://www.flotstildeath.com/