Cerca nel blog

sabato 10 luglio 2021

Frozen Soul - Crypt of Ice

#FOR FANS OF: Death Old School
I like the vibe of this album. It's dark, dreary and HEAVY. The sound quality gives it justice as well. Varying tempos, brutal vocals and the riffs are just dynamic! I enjoyed this whole release. It's not too long in length, pretty much about right! I made a purchase to this one it's the first encounter with this band and a debut LP what a steal! The vibe is death metal in a black metal aura, sort of Darkthrone-ish but the death metal genre. The guitars are sick and the feel is totally dark! I thought it pretty innovative though, especially the music. A solid album, it never got old. It's one of those albums you can listen to over and over and not get sick of!

All of the tracks stand out, nothing really on here that's dull or boring. I think the main tempos are not too fast they're not exhibiting blast beats at all, just heavy, slow music that's suitable to my pallet in the vein of death metal that is. This band has a long life to them if they stick together! I'm hoping a decade or more! Hope that they keep it underground as well. I've felt the vibe also to sort of a Dismember-esque type in terms of the tremolo picking pretty neat! Like I said though, it's innovative type of riffs and the sound is just superb! The vocals are very dismal and dark. They set the tone for the music.

My favorite highlights of this album is that the band sticks to its roots and stays grim as well as underground. I like the guitar the most and the vocals just compliments it. The production quality is great they did a good job in the recording! If I were to change one thing about the album, I'd probably say that it'd be more intense if they were playing a little faster in tempos. The album is great, but it's not too fast. Only some blast beats but they were kind of generic. That's my main beef with the album. Other than that, it's all good! I'd have to say this blew me away when I heard it for the first time!

Do the band some justice and check them out! You may be able to download them on Spotify or YouTube, but show the band some respect: buy the CD like I did! Supporting always the industry! I was surprised to read that this band is from Texas. I was for certain out of the country but I was sadly mistaken. But yeah, expect a slow paced death metal album that has some killer riffs to it. If I still played the guitar, I'd like to jam along to this! I just ran into the album at the record store (yes they still exist) so I thought that I'd check them out! I was happy that I did so because I was blown away! Check them out! (Death8699)


(Century Media Records - 2021)
Score: 73

https://frozensoultx.bandcamp.com/releases