Cerca nel blog

martedì 2 marzo 2021

Frosthelm - The Endless Winter

#FOR FANS OF: Black/Thrash
This album is more of a blackened metal album than anything else. The guitars are pretty thrash-like and the riffs just dominate. The whole way through the album it slays. The vocals accompany the guitars rather well. A shit-ton of screaming here. I like it. And the riffs are outstanding. The leads are pretty technical as well. There's some double bass beating a lot, too. It seems to let up in tempos here and there, but nevertheless it's a pretty intense road they paved this one with. I'd say that it's quite different than the EP (2012). It's just a different feel to it even though it is pretty insane. The vocals are a bit the same but the guitars more thrash-like.

I think that this is a strong debut. It seemed as though their follow-up to this one wasn't nearly as good, though I haven't heard their latest yet. This one I'm hooked on. It's the music that does it for me. And the vocals. The production quality was decent. A little bit raw, but not as raw as on their first EP. They seem like they are pretty bloody angry on this, it definitely suits the album title! I'm not much up for lyrics, this is just about the music mostly. I admire their perseverance about keeping their music underground. And also keeping it uncompromising. They slay here and I'll have to check out their follow-up soon.

The album isn't all the way intense, there are tempo changes and clean guitar bits, but not much. It is mostly blackened metal here. The vocals shriek wholeheartedly. The tremolo picked riffs are insane. They tear it up. Very well sounding album and unrelenting blasphemy going on here. I like the quality of their riffs. The fact that most of the music stays underground shows us that their an uncompromising band. The fact that they are from North Dakota startles me to know that they are not from Norway! Their influences are definitely their, like on Immortal's 'At The Heart of Winter'. The guitars remind me a little of that album by that band.

Well, this album is on Spotify but I think that you should support the band and buy the physical copy of the album. At least support the metal scene and buy the CD. It's OK if you don't have a CD player, get on Bandcamp (if they are on there) and buy the digital downloads. I happened to get this on Spotify Premium. I'm to buy a physical copy myself, though they're a bit difficult to find. It's still worth checking the album out if need be on YouTube would be fine. You'll get to hear some uncompromising blackened metal on here! It simply slays and is amazing! Support the band! (Death8699)