Cerca nel blog

mercoledì 11 gennaio 2023

Municipal Waste - Electrified Brain

#FOR FANS OF: Thrash/Crossover, Nuclear Assault
Some great crossover/thrash. I got the CD, it's totally worth it! They have A LOT of energy. Still a 5 piece I believe with vocals that are tight with the music. I like the guitars the most. The rhythms are fantastic. The songs clock about 2-3 minutes in length, but they're still good! And the energy is all there. The music is what grabs me the most. The vocals not so much. They're a little annoying it's an acquired taste with them. I don't think they're bad just take some getting used to. I own previous albums of this band and I've had the same issue. A lot of guitar solos too but good! The songs are really catchy.

I'm glad they came out with a new album. It's totally tight too! Clocks in only about 33 minutes and 14 songs. All of them are good but if I had to select some to check out would be "Demoralizer", "High Speed Steel" and "Barreled Rage."

I think this band will be active for a while. They make very good music and they're consistent. They kind of remind me of old Nuclear Assault. There are some similarities to that band with this one. Both very good songwriting.

The production quality was clear the instruments and vocals are mixed well absolutely! It does the band justice and more desirable to own. That's the problem with some crossover acts like Enforced or Power Trip. Their recordings are too solid. But on here, everything is crystal. I'm really pleased on how this album turned out to be. Aside from just marginally liking the vocals, the music and energy were stifling. A lot of songs but they're solid and catchy. They're not overly heavy just fast paced. There are not many songs that are slow. The tempos are pretty much fast throughout. What a great full-length yet again! (Death8699)