Cerca nel blog

domenica 22 gennaio 2023

Bones - Vomit

#FOR FANS OF: Death/Crust
The first time introduced to this band at a live show for Autopsy headline late October of last year. They had a great set and my buddy introduced me to Usurper which a few members of this band was from. I kind of like them more but they're in a sub-genre called "crust" which I've never heard of before. They're an actual mixture of death metal/crust. They have quite the energy that's for sure! They seem to be able to keep to their death metal roots mixed with the crust sub-genre. It's excellent how they managed to create this album. It's high on the energy factor. Riffs are intense and full-throttle. Good recording as well.

These guys know how to construct some serious METAL! Their guitars are wicked, not so much in the lead department but the rhythms. They are catchy as all hell. Being former members of Usurper it seems as if that musicianship carried over to Bones. I haven't heard their older materials but I'm aware of the high ratings on some. I'm glad they're doing this gig but still if Usurper is to make a new album, I'd be keen to hear what it sounds like! I'm just totally digging the riffs. High energy mixed with some really fast drumming. I'm liking the vocals as well. They go well with the music. They've got it all down here!

I'm interested in this band's future. If they'll keep going at this pace or will they quit? I'm not sure, when I saw them live, they had enormous energy. Very impressive performance which led me to purchasing this CD. I like the sound of the guitars. They bleed through the speakers. Really good musicianship, that's for sure. I like all the songs! But I'll stay tuned to future releases hoping that they don't give up in the process. Awesome release, death metal/crust to the core! (Death8699)


(Disorder Recordings - 2022)
Score: 75

https://bones-chicago.bandcamp.com/album/vomit