Cerca nel blog

mercoledì 22 settembre 2021

Death Angel - Act III

#FOR FANS OF: Prog Thrash/Heavy/Funk
I thought this album was immaculate. The riffs are what stole me! And the vocals. They have 2 ballads on here "Veil of Deception" and "A Room With A View", both amazing. I'm surprised that this album didn't score higher amongst critics. I thought it to be their best album to date!! I've liked this band since High School in the 1990's. This one didn't disappoint at all. I was glued to it when it first came out. That really hasn't changed but I'm drawn to more modern releases by them nowadays. They put on a good show live as well! But anyway, I didn't think this album failed at all. Quite the contrary.

'Act III' I see it dubbed as Death Angel's black album like Metallica's and I don't agree with that at all! They're still thrashing on here despite the ballads. Maybe they softened up a little from previous releases but I just would never call this one that! Some of their best songs come off their album "A Room With A View" is my favorite track out of them all for sure but their thrash based tracks are still solid like "The Organization" (as an example). I used to own this on cassette that's how far back it traces. I'll agree some riffs are b-bop type but not the whole songs. And that doesn't take away from the magic of this release!

Production quality was all right though the audio was a little bit lower so you'll have to crank it on your stereo (if you have one!). This album clocks around 45 minutes in length and it's so worth it. The music and vocals stole it for me. I'm a devout fan now I took kind of a hiatus from the band a friend got me back into them. That's my reason for covering 'Act III'. I felt like it needed justice since I listened to it early on in their career. I sort of lost interest in the band for a while. But they do put on a good live show especially playing some songs from this album! The streaming music that we deal with now doesn't measure up having a physical cassette of this or CD.

I would just say to buy this because from start to end they dominate in the thrash genre! Some songs they're a little quirky on but the main riffs are good as well as the ballads. I like the vocals a lot and that's what I look for in bands as well as the guitars (of course). Death Angel has both and on here you cannot go wrong. I'm surprised they got a "C" average on here and some people even bashing this release. The music was amazing and not duplicated anywhere else needless to say original as all hell. People just buy this show respect for the metal community and it'll keep this band going. Over 30 years in the scene still making guality albums! 'Act III' is their top! (Death8699)


(Geffen Records - 1990)
Score: 90

https://www.facebook.com/deathangel