Cerca nel blog

lunedì 17 maggio 2021

Necrophobic - Mark of the Necrogram

#FOR FANS OF: Death/Black
This band has been around for a while and I'm just now learning about them! This release is some great death/black metal! I didn't care for their previous release, but with this one, the riffs and the vocals are KILLER. The only beef that I have with this release is the production quality. It's not that great. But still, the music makes up for that. These guys put out some uncompromising metal here. The intensity is pretty high on some tracks, others are a little bit with less intensity. However, the music by far is the reason for them getting a high rating for them. It's good that the music varies on here at least the tempos.

I think that their songwriting capabilities are superior though the lead guitar work needs some work! Otherwise, the rhythms are filled with precision. I like their harmonies and tremolo picked riffing. It's all quality. There's some blast beating going on as well. Suits some of the riffs on here. And a lot of double bass drum kicking to match the tremolo picking. This band has a lot to offer listeners of death/black metal. Or just metalheads in general. They need to know about this album! It's dark, but still really amazing. And the songs never get dull, even on the outro track to the album. I am totally impressed by this band.

As I said, the production quality is OK, just not the best that it can be. But the music makes up for it. These guys have a lot of ideas for riffs and I'd say some of theirs are really technical, yet catchy. I like the vocals, too! They fit the music really well. A lot of screaming to go alongside the riffs. They are a well established band with a huge discography. I haven't heard their old stuff, but I might. I would probably prefer the more modern version of the band because of the musical quality. Their new one is due out in October as well. I'm awaiting that one impatiently! But for now I have this one to jam to!

If you've never heard this band before and you have Spotify, download this album! Or if you collect CD's like me, buy it or if you're into digital tracks, I'm sure they have songs on Bandcamp. I would just say buy the CD to show support for the band! And the music industry itself! These guys have a lot to offer musically. Their work is top notch on this one. It's an undying release of pure horror death/black metal! Thanks to Paul via Sathanas for turning me onto this band. And what a coincidence that they named the band off Slayer's 'Reign In Blood' album the song entitled "Necrophobic." Own this! (Death8699)


(Century Media - 2018)
Score: 78

https://www.facebook.com/necrophobic.official