Cerca nel blog

domenica 24 luglio 2022

Grave - Out of Respect For the Dead

#FOR FANS OF: Swedish Death, Dismember
This is a quality album, I'm not sure why people think it's "generic." I thought it anything but that. This is a MONUMENTAL release from the band. Hope that they come out with a new album soon, too. But this one is a good one that they left off with. I think that the rhythms are awesome and the vocals go along well with the music. Every song on here was worth its wait at the time. They put in some phenomenal music to this one. I like the sound to it. The vocals are tolerable and vicious! There is an unrelenting vibe to strike here. A great follow-up album I thought that they did an outstanding job.

The songs are furious and INTENSE. The riffs are victorious in sound. They all seem to flow together. And some demon-struck sort of vibe to the music. I thought that this was a good release from 2015. And a boon to the death metal community. Nothing generic about this. The music just reigns supreme. They really show maturity being in the death metal community for a long time. And yes, they conquer! Not every song is fast and furious, they change it up here and there. And the leads are pretty good, too. But mostly the riffs are MONUMENTAL. I don't think this band has an album where they don't play their heart out.

The quality of the production was great and they sound great! Everything on here I liked. It took some time to get used to this one, but when I laid it all out, everything went together. And the more I hear the album, the more I like it. I think that they really dominate the scene and are able to show the metal community that they're still kicking ass after many years being active. I hope that they come out with a new one sometime soon. I'd be curious to hear what it'd sound like. They really are killer through and through again. More people need to find out about this one since nobody is really writing much about them.

I bought the CD since I'm a CD collector but you can probably hear this on YouTube. I'm pretty sure that's the best avenue to hear it. It's been some years since it was released so yeah, check it out on there. You'll hear sounds that never before have been heard. It's HEAVY and straightforward death metal. They have a certain groove to them as well so you won't get bored with it. Just the leads aren't the greatest that they could be but still the rhythms make up for that. I gave the album a "77" because I think that even though it was solid on the forefront, there were still some things that needed better working. Own it! (Death8699)


(Century Media Records - 2015)
Score: 77

https://www.facebook.com/GraveOfficial