Cerca nel blog

giovedì 9 giugno 2022

Overkill - The Grinding Wheel

#FOR FANS OF: Thrash Metal
This one has some "fire" here in its intensity! About 65 minutes of KING thrash. I'm not a huge Overkill fan, I guess Bobby "Blitz" kind of irritates me in excess. However, I do favor more modern Overkill especially this one! I like the "groove" on this definitely some cool riffs! Bobby isn't super annoying on here I thought that the music went well with the voice. Killer production, too! Some of the ratings on this, not many, but some are fully putrid! 40%?! No way, this album is a radical "75%" to me. The whole album kicks some serious ass best to evaluate the whole release not just a few songs, if that!

I'm just really into the guitar riffs the most and I thought that there's wicked innovation on that front! These guys know how to make some killer licks and the overall music just slays. I think some of their other releases are pretty strong too like 'White Devil Armory' and 'The Winds of War' also I though they were hits! This one is about the same amount of praise that I'm giving it. There's diversity to it but mostly the guitars were definitely great spectacles. The leads were strong as well. But overall, the rhythms fit just right! As the album progresses, Bobby is less irritating especially keeping an open mind.

The production as I've mentioned is good, but not the best that Overkill's had. It's not like the somewhat "raw" sound of their classic 'The Years of Decay'. These guys have remained consistent over the years. And the guitars are just way fantastic. I cannot stress that enough. Just catchy songs and upbeat tempos. They did well too with the backup vocals as well! King guitars and the beats fit well with the guitars. These songs to me are classics. I'm surprised I didn't write about them a while back. It was just sitting on my CD rack.

In case you're new to Overkill, the three albums here are definitely monuments. You can opt to the older material, but the more recent I find suitable to my pallet. This album is a good one to start with. It's long, catchy and palatable. The guitars are wicked catchy! And the production quality is solid. Killer leads too! This album is streaming so yeah, you don't have to buy it unless you like or collect CD's like me! Worth a listen to, this album deserves praise! I cannot see how they (critics) loathe this one. It's so catchy and admirable. One of my favorites from the band absolutely! Check it out! (Death8699)

(Nuclear Blast - 2017)
Score: 75

https://www.facebook.com/OverkillWreckingCrew