Cerca nel blog

lunedì 13 giugno 2022

Kreator - Hate Über Alles

#FOR FANS OF: Death/Thrash
What a solid follow-up from 'Gods of Violence'. That one just grew on me. But this one is solid in every way! Mille sounds great on vocals. And the riffs are sick. Fresh and well thought out! The overall quality is not only the music but the sound quality as well! Kreator's career stretches over 40 years and long-time members (Mille & Ventor) are still hacking it. As long as Mille stays on rhythm, cannot go wrong! Sami does a good job in the lead department but not as good as Frank Blackfire (the old lead shredder). This one has a mountain of aggression and technical thrash riffs. They just simply tore it apart here.

I don't necessarily like the lyrics though I never did like their concepts. But the music and overall sound kicked ass. Wish I could see them once again but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. A friend said they're Saxon sounding on this one, though I've never really explored that band. I've just been into Kreator since the late 80's. I'm one that's always hell stuck on 'Coma of Souls'. But they have a lot of good albums to explore such as 'Phantom Antichrist', 'Enemy of God' and 'Violent Revolution' (not in order by release date). Their previous had some good songs as well though overall this one is the key solid release!

I think the compositions themselves are what makes this one so admirable. They really do have it here! They're in their 50's and like fellow thrashers Destruction are still putting out good quality music. There was a brief time when Kreator took a dive with 'Renewal'. I thought that that was the last of them after I heard that one. I was wrong and since they've been thrash which is their roots! I think they've hit a wide array of fans once again showing that they will not compromise! The riffs on here were the highlights the melodies and rhythms simply kicked major ass from all aspects!

Well, I cheated and downloaded the album in skepticism after hearing a few music videos then I heard the whole album! So I made sure to get this on CD! I'm glad I got their physical copy and am no longer skeptical of this one. The music is really strong here. Maybe because they took around 5 years of getting it put together after 'Gods of Violence'. This one is way tighter and more melodic in my humble opinion. Kreator is as strong as ever and this album just shows us that. I know there will never be another 'Coma of Souls', but this one is pretty close! Long live Kreator! (Death8699)