Cerca nel blog

venerdì 24 giugno 2022

Obituary - S/t

#FOR FANS OF: Death Metal
This is a solid album, not monumental like 'Cause of Death', but still a great effort by these Floridian based death metal veterans. I can say that they're still making good music! The songs are a little bit more up tempo than a lot of their older releases. A lot of energy here, and deathly vocals by John Tardy. I don't know, I liked them with James Murphy on lead guitar but that was just for maybe one album (COD). Their new members are still kicking ass in the lead department though. And the riffs are heavy and thick. Good stuff! Songs are a little bit longer than the usual Obituary but still killing it!

I liked the production quality on here. It's well mixed as well. Tardy's vocals just spew out utter hatred. The riffs are a little groove-laden, but cool. I like the songs on here and the approach. Really good songwriting style on here. And they seem to never lose the intensity or vibe to the songs. It's totally them on here unlike I felt 'Inked In Blood' was a little shallow. Here the production has it more solid than that release I mentioned. Not every song on here is fast but still quality. I liked the whole album all the way through they kick serious butt. The riffs are catchy and heavy as all hell! Death is now!

As I talked about the production and the quality it has than with previous releases, it really did the band good. All the tracks on here are sickly. Behind the set Donald does a good job as well. Both of the Tardy brothers sure as hell rip it up on here. Cannot mistake the Tardy voice though it's one of a kind! I like the song structures how they make way towards total noise annihilation. There isn't a song on here that I disliked. They all were good. A lot of double bass by Donald right alongside that tremolo picking in the guitar department. These Florida veterans are still making good music!

Check this album out on YouTube or just buy the physical CD. The album is worth buying. You get a better sound (to me) on CD. But to each their own. If this review hasn't convinced you to contribute to metal and to the band, then I didn't do my job on here. I'm not sure if this is available to Spotify users but Bandcamp they should be on. Support this band! Their death metal is right on and 30 years in making albums this one is a step up from some mediocre ones. (Death8699)


(Relapse Records - 2017)
Score: 73

https://www.obituary.cc/