Cerca nel blog

venerdì 28 gennaio 2022

Hypocrisy - Worship

#FOR FANS OF: Death/Doom
So this is similar to the more recent releases ('End of Disclosure'), but a bit slower, though still powerful. I admire their perseverance over the years making solid melodic death metal. Peter is definitely a big part of the metal community and has been for decades. He's written some strong, pivotal riffs on here which makes it stand out in Hypocrisy's songwriting style. Sounds like he tunes down to B or C, making it HEAVY sounding. There's this aura in each Hypocrisy album since they've turned to melodic death metal. But most of all, more recently. The vocals are vintage Peter, low-end.

Nevertheless, a bulk of these compositions are varying in tempos. And the aura is DARK. Peter always seems to choose metal that is not in the vein of anything else but his own creation. He's been true to the melodic death genre for decades. The synthesizers too are in a shroud abyss the guitars desolate. Encapsulated is the listener who's in a sheer chaos. Hypocrisy has been a band for many years and when they switched over to melodic death, they seemed to play it well and has their own distinctive sound. I believe they're going to stay in this till the end. That's a good thing and I'll hope for many more LP's to come.

I've found this release also devoid of any errors on the guitar parts or anything else. Peter did a great job as did his bandmates. I thought that the compositions were devoid of anything really unnerving or compositor. These guys did great here, but I'm still in favor of 'End of Disclosure' as my favorite from them. The riffs are still good, but not higher (to me) of a "B" rating. I think that the recording quality was again top notch. That much hasn't changed either. I was really anticipating this one as being a "flop", but it's not, no way. I think that they really made some great music in my humble opinion.

I had to hear this first before I bought it. I think Hypocrisy is doing great even being in the scene for years quality here. Despite the middle-aged band, their ideas for songs are still great. I was definitely in favor of them switching genres over 20 years ago. I think they're better of with the melodic death metal type gig than strictly death metal. That's with coming out on releases that only they could divulge to. Definitely a top rated band though they didn't get my pick for album of the year. I still though that this was a solid release. Check it out! (Death8699)


(Nuclear Blast - 2021)
Score: 75

https://www.facebook.com/hypocrisy