Cerca nel blog

sabato 6 novembre 2021

Cradle of Filth - Existence is Futile

#FOR FANS OF: Gothic Black
Sounds like a blend of the old mixed in with the moderately old to the newer evolution of Cradle. This has bits and pieces of all with it's own twist with it as well! I actually liked it enough to buy the CD. It's not too much on speed here riff-writing talking here. It's mainly gothic style slow to moderate to semi-moderate songs. I'd say it's a great mix of everything with fresh music evolving into a greatness that was missing on more recent COF releases. This one is something that I can listen to ad nauseum and not at all get tired of. Well, maybe down the road but you get what I'm saying.

Also, sounds like they tuned down to D on their guitars maybe a little lower but I don't think so. Many COF releases have the similar tuning that is just typical of them. If you're a guitarist, this is a heads up. The synthesizers aren't drowning out the music either seems as though it's well laid out and forthright. Some songs seem more geared towards quicker licks and Dani sounds like he did on 'Cruelty and the Beast'. All of it makes sense musically. The guitars also seem to parrot a little of Devilment in them, one of Dani's projects. Not sure if it's a similar lineup really, but Devilment without as much intensity.

The musicians on here do a great job in their performance with Cradle. Seems though there's a different lineup every release. Hence them bringing forward the COF evolution. I am not sure why Dani insists on different musicians all the time. That makes it a little tougher for the current musicians he amasses to learn old songs for when performing live. He's just weird like that I suppose. But I tell you, the music on here will blow your hair back, it's just if you will fresh and gothic eerie like that. I'm not sure you'd label this as a concept album like 'Cruelty and the Beast' but it's definitely focused within cosmic shifts.

As I mentioned, I ordered the CD and so did some friends of mine. To those where digital isn't everything! It was worth this purchase. They really did a good job here and shown us something quite new despite showing a resilience towards past works. I liked the guitar and vocals...the synthesizers don't overly amass themselves they go along well with the guitar. It's nothing like 'Dusk...And Her Embrace' to me but just fragments of it. I concluded before even checking this out that it'd be totally like newer boring releases but when I heard it I was sadly mistaken! This is everything COF fans hoped for on this one! Check it out! (Death8699)


(Nuclear Blast - 2021)
Score: 80

https://www.cradleoffilth.com/