Cerca nel blog

giovedì 28 gennaio 2021

Asphyx - Necroceros

#FOR FANS OF: Death Doom
I thought this a great follow-up release, if not better than 'Impending Death'! It has a lot of variability to it let alone aggression. The riffs are definitely better and it seems like the band is getting better with each follow-up. I think that they have a lot to offer the death/doom community. I've found this release to be a quite adaptive and addictive release meshing death and doom together. I enjoyed every track, especially the title-track. Yes, in some respects it's can be up in tempos, others a little slowed down. But they've mixed both genres together. I've found that the quality in the sound is what made this album truly remarkable.

I have nothing bad to say about this release. The fact that there weren't many (if at all) many leads made it an album of sheer rhythms that are catchy and utmost noteworthy. The vocals are good, too! They mix well with the guitars. The drums are also a boon to this release. I'd have to say all the musicians on here put a helluv a lot of effort in the songwriting and it really shows when you listen to this release. I had initial doubts when I first heard about the new release because I didn't much care for 'Impending Death'. I'm glad that I took a listen here on Spotify and I was perplexed! I had to order the CD thereafter.

The guitar riffs are nothing but invigorating. They're catchy, fast, slow, moderate, you name it! I though that is what caught me the most. And the vocals, alongside the guitar, made it a true gem in all respects. There's nothing dull or boring on this album. It's a milestone at that. The band really made some remarkable death/doom metal combined. I had no doubt in rating this! If you're skeptical, just listen to it first and see what I'm talking about! You won't be disappointed. If you are, allow me to eat my words. I think I'm right in saying that this is a gem. Pretty darn well certain about it. No song on here lags.

Check this out on Spotify like I did and you'll get a taste of what I'm talking about. Beginning the new year right in light of tragedy that was inflicted upon the metal community (loss of Alexi Laiho). This would in my view show the metal world how death/doom is to sound like! I don't think that this album is (yet) on YouTube. But I have it on Spotify and pretty soon on CD. I would urge you to get a physical copy because it not only supports music, it shows the band that you enjoy what they're putting out. And if they know this, then they're most likely going to continue to make awesome music! (Death8699)


(Century Media - 2021)
Score: 80

https://www.facebook.com/officialasphyx/