Cerca nel blog

venerdì 25 settembre 2020

Vader - Solitude In Madness

http://www.secret-face.com/
#FOR FANS OF: Death/Thrash
This is vintage Vader, pity that it's only about 30 minutes long. I'd say that the riffs are more catchy than anything else. And the production quality top notch. That's what makes the instruments more endurable and their straightforward songwriting capabilities. Peter did an awesome job here both on vocals and musically. This sounds more death metal oriented than thrash, even though they fall in between these two genres. I'd say that the music is what makes this one stand out more than anything else. The tempos aren't extremely fast, just interesting and unrelenting blasts in your face. The vocals go well with the music. Everything here goes smoothly.

I've never been a huge Vader fan myself, but some of their releases are decent. This is definitely a step-up from their previous. In many ways, I should say. This is probably the best produced Vader album that I can say. And the music is just monumental. I'll use that interchangeably with sublime. I don't think there's a better Vader release than this one for a while. It just smokes. The riffs are probably the highlight of this album. I think most of the riffs are entirely unique. Some fast tremolo picking and some just flat-out bar chord chunkiness. The leads are good, too. They're pretty cool, not sloppy just unique.

I think aside from the production and mixing, this one is definitely done right! These guys kill it in every aspect! Peter's vocal outbursts I think are intriguing. His voice alongside the music is outstanding. I think he's at his peak here, and a pinnacle in the songwriting as well as the lead guitar work. Technical as fuck! These guys worked hard to getting this one to be a better era for the band. I wouldn't say that they're veterans but maybe close to it! Out of the few albums by them, this one by far is the best. I wouldn't disclose this to be their absolute best release, but close to it. Very close to it. And the songwriting, VERY GOOD!

Do the band some justice and purchase the physical CD! You can always check it out on Bandcamp or YouTube before you figure that this is for you or not. If you're a hardcore Vader fan, I'm sure you'll get the physical CD in no time! These guys did a good job for 2020 releases. It's a shame that the album isn't longer than it is, like I mentioned but it sure is something to keep in mind that even then it's still worth getting! Some people don't have CD players anymore so the digital download would be sufficient. But yeah, one of the best Vader releases I've heard, at least for a while that is! Long live the death/thrash legends! (Death8699)