Cerca nel blog

giovedì 14 ottobre 2021

Municipal Waste - Slime and Punishment

#FOR FANS OF: Thrash/Death
Another solid release by this band! I enjoyed the whole album. I don't like the vocals as much as on previous releases though. They're a bit annoying even though it's still Ryan Waste singing. I enjoyed the music immensely, just took points off for the voice. Not the back-ups, just the main one. The guitar riffs make up for it though, probably one of the stronger Municipal Waste releases in the music department. I enjoyed this the whole way through. Another 30 minute album though. I wish they were longer, but it is what it is. I think that they did a lot of justice to the metal community over the span of 20 years.

A lot of good riffs on here and it's a good thing that you can hear the bass throughout the album. A lot of bands the bass is barely audible. Not on their releases. They just sound awesome the whole way through the guitars flourishing. It's amazing they have fresh riffs release after release! I don't see many flaws with the album, it's full of energy and vigor! And the leads are good, not really sloppy. The rhythms I like the most of! The vocals are just a little irritating but nothing not worth stomaching. This whole release is full of energy! I like the music the most and the sound is good.

Another under 30 minute release here but it's worth a listen to if you want to take a break from death metal or doom. It's full of good vibes and electricity. These guys are masters on how to create some quality music. A lot of their albums are similar though, but they're still really awesome. These guys are in this music scene for about 20 years still lighting up the eardrums! A lot of the songs are on average of 2 minutes tops but there are I believe 14 tracks on this one. They really know how to generate speed in the rhythms are the vocals are just annoying to me. That's the only aspect of the album I disliked.

Check out this one for it's electric vibe and crossover twist. I found it to be really likable and quick. These guys show that they're on top of their blended genre. They don't give up with their unique sound and static tempos. They just don't ever seem to let up the whole way through. They just keep on jamming it home and the leads are decent. Definitely one of their top releases to date. Only a few other top this. I found only a few things that were just on my nerves and I discussed that. If you're looking for dynamite crossover/thrash checking out 'Slime and Punishment'! (Death8699)


(Nuclear Blast - 2017)
Score: 78

https://www.facebook.com/Municipalwaste