Cerca nel blog

domenica 10 ottobre 2021

Acheron - Kult des Hasses

#FOR FANS OF: Black/Death
This album is quite diverse, though it seems to be all over the place with different tempos. The recording quality was good, just the songs don't really lead to anywhere. A lot of lead guitar work and likable vocals, just the guitars could've been a little better (to me). I just felt that the changes really make the album off-kilter. It was brutal as hell and a long album, but I'm sure they've come out with better music in the past then leaving the scene after this one was released. Definitely an original release, just should've done better. When I say "better", I mean more consistent in the songwriting capabilities.

The guitars (main) were heavy as hell, but just too many leads for me to like. I felt the death/black metal vibe was there though it should've been more consistent in terms of the music. Way too many leads as I say. The album was about 60 minutes in length but I didn't find it to be interesting or anything new that I've already heard before from other bands. They needed something more original and should've left the metal scene on a better note. There were good riffs here and there though it just should've been consistent. What's wrong with the leads are that they just weren't well orchestrated.

I liked the production quality immensely. It amplified everything and made the album sound like they were doing justice for the metal community even though their songwriting on here wasn't the greatest. I give them a "C" because the album wasn't that poor. I just thought that a lot of mistakes made in their genre. They should've been more concise say like Blood of the Wolf is in their songwriting. But not every band is going to be the same, it could be the same genre, but different approach. I liked only 75% of the songs. It just wasn't consistent enough, so hence the average rating.

I would say "caveat emptor" for this one. It's not a disgrace, just not my favorite death/black metal release. I would say to download it first before you take a listen to it. It's probably better to stick with their previous albums because they may make it to be more consistent in musical structure and better riff-writing. As I say, it isn't a complete failure it's just that they should of closed out with a better punch to pack to their fans. I wouldn't call myself a "fan" I'd more aptly say a critic than more than anything else. I'm sure while they were active, they put together better material than this. I caution you... (Death8699)