Cerca nel blog

domenica 14 aprile 2024

Nunslaughter - Angelic Dread

#FOR FANS OF: Death/Thrash
Killer death metal, though the songs are short. I didn't mind that, they reined with fury! Catchy riffs and tolerable vocals, there's no going wrong with this band! The vocals go well with the music! Best Nunslaughter I've heard from them. Excruciatingly immense death metal galore! Check out one of their lengthier songs called "Looking Into The Abyss."

The music is thrash/death metal, more thrash in the guitars and a tinge of death metal with the vocals. But I know they're considered to be solely a death metal band. The vocals reflect Jeff Walker via Carcass. Same screaming sound if you didn't notice, but it seems to be true to that!

Riffs sound crunchy and catchy. There isn't a Nunslaughter album I've heard that tops this one. And it's good they're re-establishing a great fan base. They need it and their music is unique.

The production quality on here is superb! I enjoyed how they weaved everything into place in terms of instruments/voice. The aggression is totally there, and wouldn't want to change anything on this release. They diversify, they're not aggression totally, but the guitars are HEAVY! I think that they down-tune the guitars to reach that thickness sound. What a great band, they're wholly underrated! I ordered their CD from Hells Headbangers because I thought it one album that I couldn't pass up! The music took over and I loved the vocal department. This band is way unique and uncompromising! Be sure to take a listen to the song I mentioned and see if it's up to your death metal pallet! (Death8699)


(Hells Headbangers Records/Fatalism Musickness - 2014/2021)
Score: 74

https://nunslaughter.bandcamp.com/album/angelic-dread