Cerca nel blog

mercoledì 16 dicembre 2020

Skeletal Remains - The Entombment of Chaos

#FOR FANS OF: Death Metal
Follow-up from 'Devouring Morality' and definitely a solid follow-up. I enjoyed it immensely. Again, showing their interests such as Death, Obituary, et al they make their own unique riffs. And the lead guitar is AMAZING. Similar vocals to the last and the atmosphere is a little darker than their predecessor. Both equally as good and invigorating. I liked this band right away when I first heard them. Unique in their own right, vocals raspy throat and rhythm guitars that are quite technical. And FAST! They're still within the death metal genre and sticking to their roots absolutely!

There wasn't a track on here that I disliked. I felt each one was worth it. Definitely hear the influences and they weave it into their own array of sounds. This one isn't all fast tempos but a lot of them were. But the riffs are pretty technical. The whole sort of atmosphere to this album is totally grim and depressing. The vocals are sung in a fashion that goes well with the brutal riffs. Just like their last release, a sense of this sort of hoarseness. Simply is an acquired taste to it. But again, it keeps it more underground. The music and vocals are my favorite parts to the album. Definitely.

The production is sort of raw and echo-ish. But it's good that they did this because it keeps that darkness to it the whole way through. They sure as hell beat your eardrums to death. I really like a good majority of riffs on here. I thought that they were quite good definitely well executed. All the songs are brutal and you don't know what to expect. The drums go well with the music also. They seem to follow along the riffs in the right fashion. Double bass kicks and some blast beating here or there. The tempos are just all over the place. And the riffs in your face kick ass! Some of the leads are just mind boggling.

I liked this whole album, but I thought it was about similar to their last album in terms of quality. A little bit darker, but not that much. I saw a copy of this at the record store and I had to grab this. It's featured on Spotify and I'm sure YouTube as well. I'm a CD collector so I didn't mind getting a copy of this album. Hear it from any source, it's a killer LP. They really know how to write some killer music. You just never know from track to track what to expect. I would say buy the physical copy if you're a CD collector as well because it's definitely worth the money. And help the industry too! (Death8699)