Cerca nel blog

venerdì 17 febbraio 2023

Terrorizer - Hordes of Zombies

http://www.secret-face.com/
#FOR FANS OF: Death/Grind, Napalm Death
Brutal and fast, this full-length covers it all. With a female guitarist that whales on the riff-writing. She didn't appear on their newer release the 'Caustic Attack' which is unfortunate. The vocals are totally guttural and fit well with the music. They're definitely grind on here with death metal vocals. The riffs are dynamite and spellbinding. The music is what hits home with me. I've found the riffs not only fast, but catchy as well. They set the tone for the whole album. And Pete behind the set is right on target (as usual). They don't call him "Commando" without reason. He's way dynamite on here as well!

The sound quality was top notch on here as well. I'm surprised that they didn't get higher ratings on this one. It's a a lot like older Napalm Death of the 90's. The riffs sound a little like those of Napalm back then before they just turned to noise-core.

The music is what took it away for me. The songs are just fast and ferocious as well as noteworthy! I like the voice mixed with the guitar. They knew what they were doing in an approach to this record. They are without Jesse (RIP 2006) and Oscar who forgot all the lyrics so I've heard. I'm not sure if he does vocals for any metal bands anymore. I don't really have any complaints about this release. I'm just bummed that their status is "On Hold" meaning basically they're done. I'm giving the album a "73" and I said in my previous review of their newer release 'Caustic Attack' the same rating. Both are pretty much equally good.

If you're a fan of death/grind then this album is for you. It has all the elements and characteristics of what a death/grind release is supposed to sound like. And not discounting female guitarists she was really good and tight. Wish that she played on their follow-up! (Death8699)