Cerca nel blog

sabato 25 febbraio 2023

Druid Lord - Relics of the Death

#FOR FANS OF: Death/Doom
Totally brutal and intriguing at the same time! I love their death/doom genre(s). The music is slow, but it's catchy and admirable. I loved this whole album. I thought that they had everything covered on here. The music first and foremost and the vocals are SICK. They fit well with the gloomy guitar riffs. The leads are solid as well. Overall, a monument of an album. The tempos are just moderate but the musical aspect is what's to admire on here. They totally kick ass! They know exactly what they're doing in the musicianship of the band. They seem to have it all down. The songwriting, vocals, guitar and production.

I liked the fact that not only were depressing type of metal to play, but even some of the synthesizers played a part in the grim compositions. They had some reverb to the guitars and the guttural vocals leads the way to this ear throbbing death/doom. The tempos are like that of say Draconian but slower and all death metal vocals. The music is like no other. They use a lot of tremolo picking but the drums double bass kicking goes well with those riffs. There were even some acoustic guitar riffs but not for entire songs. They were mainly intros to the what's to be brutal/doom types of songs.

The sound quality was rather good and I have no complaints in that respect as well. They did the music justice. I would say that there's many highlights to this album. Most the music and vocals. I'm not sure about the lyrical concepts but that doesn't really matter. I've found this band to be at the utmost of intriguing music. There are two guitars that play somewhat of harmonies but it doesn't take away from the brutality of the songs. These guys are nothing overly special, they just know how to write good songs. I mean, I respect this band, but I feel like they could've done better with some of the riffs.

There's many good songs and songs that you can't go wrong with. Here's some of them: "Mangled as the Hideous Feed", "Immolated Into Ashes", and "Monarch Macabre." I think all of these songs are catchy and to the point. There's nothing I would change on here because all of the tracks are worth mentioning. These guys have been around for over a decade and it seems like you can't go wrong with any of their releases. They are just on top of their game musically. Like I said, they just know how to piece together good underground music. A release in 2022 that you shouldn't overlook! (Death8699)