Cerca nel blog

giovedì 14 ottobre 2021

Annihilator - Ballistic, Sadistic

#FOR FANS OF: Speed/Thrash
Never too late to discover an old school band! This is a solid release...it has all of the elements to making a solid album. Everything seemed to flow here and I'd say it's a cross between heavy metal and thrash. I like a lot of the riffs and the sound quality was good! I enjoyed the whole release. They have offered a lot in 30+ years being around in the metal genre. I'd have to say that the older material was a bit raw for me. On here, it's straightforward and to the point. Great songwriting! Every band member does well be it the lead guitar department, rhythms, vocals and drums they're all killing it!

I like how they change things up on here fast/slow/medium tempos but mainly fast in your face type of deal. I think the riffs are the best they've put out in years and fresh! These guys know how to make a quality record! I liked it from beginning to finish. I'm going to look into more of their material! They just tear it up in the music department! The vocals are unique, too! I like what they've done here, for sure! All the band members are way talented and it shows on here. I would definitely say that they're thrash/heavy metal. They've been a consistent band and they're not going away, I hope not!

Talking about the sound quality, well the production quality/mixing was done very nicely! Everyone on here contributes their part it's good that they made some quality riffs because a lot of bands might have it musically but due to low budget the production sucks. This is an example of quality in the sound so it does the LP justice! I'm surprised they're not a well talked about band. I've got a lot of catching up to do on their stuff! They really show maturity and wise musicians. It's an album here that you cannot get sick of. It takes a lot of spins to hear all the sounds but 'Ballistic, Sadistic' never gets (to me) old.

Do the band some good and purchase this on CD! They have a lot to offer metal and if you've been following them over the years this is no surprise to you! I'm glad I stumbled onto this release! They show no sign of quitting anytime soon. This lineup is strong and as I've pointed out, nothing here is half assed. They did a great job showing their excellent musicianship! Be sure to follow them on Spotify or YouTube if you don't want to buy the CD. Keep this one alive and don't discard this modern day aspect of the band. They all are good on here and be sure to take a gander at this one! (Death8699)


(Silver Lining Music - 2020)
Score: 77

https://www.facebook.com/annihilatorband