Cerca nel blog

domenica 9 luglio 2023

Kaivs - Horrend

#FOR FANS OF: Swedish Death, Dismember
It's clear, immaculate Swedish death metal frenzy in under 13 minutes. Way expectational for a band Rome based. They don't seem to let up this whole time! That somewhat burly voice from Max supporting the music that's ultra HEAVY. Good production, too. But I'm looking more towards the music which on the most stands out for me. The recording did them well for their prominent music. I embraced this sound and was able to agree with my initial reaction to the sound of the music. These guys say that they're "no one", but not hardly that. They are totally a band that's so worth checking out.

These guys are among the likes of Dismember, older Entombed, Fleshcrawl, et al. What I'm hearing is the potential for this band to succeed in the 21st century music scene. All three of the songs carry with them the old school sound and Max their vocalist is interesting to with his tone.

I'm not going to scramble to the lyrical content, just the music, mixing and utmost potential. Since they've brought this to me a few weeks ago, I've been hooked. Aside from what I've currently said, the band has a backbone of bronze. Don't mistake them in reading this that just because they're from Rome that they're not going to deliver. The guitar I loved the most. A lot of tremolo picking just ad nauseum. Not much lead guitar, but that's alright I dig rhythm only work just as much. Especially if the lead guitars are sloppy. So what to really expect? The Swedish influence in death metal, burly vocals, slow/to moderate tempos in playing, good production quality, and just a really good listen to overall! Enjoy! (
Death8699)