Cerca nel blog

sabato 6 aprile 2024

Cannibal Corpse - Chaos Horrific

#FOR FANS OF: Brutal Death
This album is a step-up from 'Violence Unimagined.' They seem to have more solid riffs, as Cannibal has taken another 5-piece band with one of the top releases for 2023 in my view. They deserved it! Everything seemed to be right on here, with no ounce of anything mediocre.

I think Rutan made more of a difference on here as well. He and Rob make a good combination on guitars. More wicked leads and rhythms on here! The songs are way tighter and this is my favorite release from Corpsegrinder ever since he started with the band replacing Chris Barnes. He's got way more range than Barnes ever had for Cannibal Corpse. The great thing about this release as well is that it's got a lot of variations with the songs. Even though they were more in B-flat tuning to get that chunky sound, it sounds great. All the tracks were good! I listened to the sample before I downloaded this and then bought the CD. I'm so glad I did!

This is one of the top 3 Cannibal albums I'd choose in their entire discography. The others would be 'Red Before Black', 'Torture' and 'Butchered At Birth.' This new one is going to get plenty of air time for me, especially sharing this information to readers to assure them that this is the band's monument ever since some of their previous work that is worth mentioning.

The mixing was top-notch to feature the guitars well in synch with the vocals. The only thing that I didn't hear a lot were Corpsegrinder's screams, they're mainly guttural. However, it suited the music!

If you want to know one top album from 2023 this LP hits the pinnacle for the band! Everything on here is killer! The production quality especially since they've been on Metal Blade is great. I don't see any signs of them slowing down! Loving this whole release! (Death8699)


(Metal Blade - 2023)
Score: 75

http://www.cannibalcorpse.net/