Cerca nel blog

sabato 11 maggio 2024

Marduk - Memento Mori

#FOR FANS OF: Black Metal
One of the best releases of 2023, at least out of 10. Though, I do miss Legion on vocals, who gave up metal to pursue being a tattoo artist. Still though, Daniel had some big shoes to fill! I think he pulled it off quite well. And I like the fact that this release isn't like 'Panzer Division Marduk' with the utmost blast beating. There were many different tempos and the production sound was quite good! These guys have a lot of life left in them! I like the music mostly and the vocals, it's much promise to Marduk's longevity. Morgan on guitars and Simon on drums show almost a quite new of a band, and these musicians have some big shoes to fill (as I say).

They're still one of the best black metal musicians around. I like how Daniel's voice soars and holds out the screams. It's screaming throughout, alongside the blast beating. They uphold the blend of 'Nightwing' and 'Panzer Division Marduk.'

This is 40 minutes of a hellish Marduk still going strong even though the lineup has changed quite a bit, but it's good to hear that they're still going on strong! These guys have some unique riffs. A lot of tremolo picking and bar chord mania!

I've been able to get into this album quite easily because there's so much diversity to each song. On each track, you've got to figure the screaming and blast beating, but then there are points in here that are calmer. Not that many, but they do change it up. I like every song on here, they stayed true to their roots and with this newer lineup was able to not compromise in musical style and black metal onslaught. I thought that with the ending is quite abrupt. I admit that 'Panzer Division Marduk' is still my all-time favorite from them. They just never seem to let up on that one. But this one probably a more diverse one than that one, and it needed to be so. It's because they needed another side to them that wasn't brutal all the way through.

Definitely one of the best in 2023 in terms of black metal or just metal in general. Take a listen and you'll hear what I'm saying! (Death8699)