Cerca nel blog

giovedì 1 febbraio 2024

Suffocation - Hymns From The Apocrypha

#FOR FANS OF: Brutal Techno Death
This album has elements to it that make it pretty epic, though it's undoubtedly not like their catchiness of their earlier work. The intensity is still there though and the technicality of it all though the leads were somewhat sloppy. The intensity is high throughout, even the slower tempos, they are BRUTAL.

The vocals and music keep this release pretty underground. I'd have to say that they earned a "75" rating from me. I like what I'm hearing throughout this release. They're surely not compromising, and that hasn't really changed. Upped into the realm of say Dying Fetus in that aspect, the technicality, the double bass kicks, the wicked guitar work, these guys did well here. I cannot make this into a lower rating because it's molded into me in a great release. I still need to order this album because I only have it streaming, and I want to show support to the band. These guys have had an over 30-year career in death metal history in some of the most influential work!

There's no backing out of saying they aren't witnessing back from their roots on this one. That would be false, a definite false statement. This album is in your face brutality and catchy guitars, brutal vocals and a sound production. I really liken this release!

I had to order this, it would be stupid of me to do otherwise and not factor this in to the CD list I may have for top releases of 2023. These guys just tear it up from every different angle! The vocals go really well with the music, they're left unchanging. No screaming really, just low bellowing vox and the guitars that's riffs go hand in hand with the music. The leads are pretty well executed as well! But they're in no way better than the music itself. They just annihilate your speakers!

If you desire to hear some fresh Suffocation in the vein of the old era, tune in to this because it's where it's at! Balls out intensity! Get it, today! (Death8699)